Sunday, 26 July 2026

How do I motivate my employees? #5

 

As opposed to looking at what leaders need to do to motivate employees, let's look at what they must not do because it demotivates people. What demotivates good people? Mediocrity. If I work hard and achieve results, but the guy next to me who just cruises gets the same pay and bonus as I do, I will question why am I going above and beyond. Good work must be recognised. Poor work must be penalised. It takes conscious effort to make sure these are done. 

Motivation is not about endlessly creating new incentives. It is just establishing a fair and merit-based culture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do I motivate my employees? #5

  As opposed to looking at what leaders need to do to motivate employees, let's look at what they must not do because it demotivates peo...